Yesterday was a rough showing for my picks but that’s just the the beauty of the sport. Chattanooga edged out ETSU to hit for ML while the Hurricanes dominated the Jackets 7-3 and the Sharks beat the Ducks 3-2 in the NHL. The Leafs looked set to beat the Senators yesterday easily but blew a 5-2 goal lead late in the 3rd, losing 6-5 in OT. The Washington Huskies beat Washington State 63-61 too.The pick that really struck me yesterday was how Florida State completely dominated Virginia at home winning 81-60. The Seminoles shot lights out hitting 54% behind the arc and also forced 13 turnovers.
Today I’m hoping for better results for my picks. As I’ve mentioned previously, these are just free picks that I like and nobody is obligated to bet on them. Below I’ve posted today’s slate:
- Oklahoma State ML over Iowa State. The Cowboys host the Cyclones at home in what appears to be an interesting matchup. Despite dominating Iowa State 81-60 last month, the Cyclones now have a majority of their starting lineup back after being sidelined with Covid-19. It was two weeks ago that we saw the Cyclones battle the Oklahoma Sooners despite dropping the contest 79-72. The spread that day was +15 for Iowa State and they covered while today the spread is +11. I am seeing Oklahoma State win this rematch again today in a close one so ML the Cowboys or take a risk at Iowa State +11 to cover.
- Arkansas ML over Florida. The 24th ranked Razorbacks are one of the most exciting teams to watch as of late. Arkansas is coming off two impressive wins back to back over Kentucky and Missouri and now host the Gators at home. The Razorbacks are 7-3 in their last 10 games and have a record of 12-1 at home so this matchup vs Florida appears to be a lock.
- Purdue -6 over Michigan State. Michigan State might be one of the most disappointing teams in college hoops this season and their road to victory doesn’t get any easier playing at Purdue today. Boilermakers SG Sasha Stefanovic is back healthy and PF Trevion Williams continues to dominate the boards down low. The reason I like Purdue so much today is their proven track record of wins this season. They swept Ohio State who is one of the best teams in the country right now while the Spartans of Michigan State have nobody on their roster who can keep up with the Boilermakers arsenal of shooters.Purdue -6 today is a very confident and safe pick.
- Rangers ML over Devils. The Rangers host the Devils at MSG and I love the Blueshirts in this one especially since the Devils haven’t been able to play in two weeks due to a covid-19 outbreak. Despite dropping their last three games, look for the Rangers to get back on the winning track tonight.
- Stars ML over Predators. Yesterday was a rare occasion for the city of Dallas as a snow storm postponed the Stars contest vs Nashville. The Stars have lost five straight but I like them today due to the simple fact they are 2-0 head-to-head this season vs the Predators and a home matchup is always promising.
- Bucks over Raptors ML. Milwaukee should win this one because one of the best players in the NBA Giannis Antetokounmpo has the most favorable matchup.
- Blazers ML over Thunder. Portland is my favorite tonight in this matchup at OKC simply because they have a more talented roster overall and SGA appears to still be out for the Thunder with a knee injury. Damian Lilliard is also that X Factor every time he steps foot on the court and continues to be a true MVP candidate.
- Suns ML over Nets. I like the Suns at home here especially with the Nets being without Kevin Durant again. Brooklyn will rely heavily on James Harden and Kyrie Irving to keep them in this one but Devin Booker and Deandre Ayton have other plans. Phoenix is also on a six game winning streak and are 9-1 in their last 10 games. That alone should give you enough confidence to take them tonight.
- Nuggets ML over Celtics. Boston is favored tonight at home -2.5 but Denver should get it done on the road. Nikola Jokic continues to prove he’s one of the best players in the league and the Celtics have no answer for him down low. I really like Michael Porter Jr tonight too in this matchup given the injuries to Paul Millsap, Gary Harris and Will Barton. Boston lost to the laughing stock of the NBA the Washington Wizards on Sunday too, where Celtics star Jayson Tatum managed to score only six points.